Obedience Training Basics
Visit these sites for basic introductions to obedience training and how to get started.
- How and Why to Train Your Dog
- Why Do Obedience?
- Training Your Dog
- The Benefits Of An Educated Dog
- How to Choose a Dog Trainer
- Dog Training - Fast and Simple
- 12 Tips for a Well Behaved Dog
- Obedience Training Your Dog
- What is a "Good Dog"?
A variety of topics to consider when training.
- Treat Training
- Training the Trainer
- Never, Never Hit Your Dog
- Punishment: How Not to Do It
- More On Punishment
- Correcting Behavior
- Dog Training Tips
Some information on various training tools.
- The Prong Collar
- Shock Collars - The Shocking Truth
- Dog Training Collars
- Training Equipment
- Training Equipment Tips From Matty
Here's the #1 topic of concern for most dog owners. Learn how to deal with problems with housebreaking, and how to use a crate to train your dog.
- Housebreaking Q & A
- Housetraining Your Young Puppy or Adult Dog
- How To Housebreak Your Puppy
- Housetraining Made Easy
- Housebreaking the New Puppy
- Housetraining Puppies and Adults
- Re-housetraining the Adult Dog
- Box Training Your (Small) Dog
- Housebreaking Hints
- Housetraining Your Dog
- Crating Your Dog
- Crate Training Q & A
- Crate Training
General Puppy Training
Don't believe that old adage about not training puppies. Properly done, puppy training can prevent many problems in later life.
- The Puppy Place
- Cyber-Pet's Puppy Training Articles
- Teaching a Puppy
- Puppy Biting
- Puppies Jump Up
- Biting or Nipping
- Prevent Your Puppy's Destructive Chewing
- Chewing Solutions
Here's information on training the basics...come, sit, down, etc.
- Dog Owner's Guide Training Articles
- APDT List Training Articles
- Cheryl May's Dogsports Agility Page
- Dog Training Basics
- ADTN's Training Articles
- Q & A on Basic Obedience
- Vizsla Training Articles
Why your dog does the things he does.
Some general information on dealing with problem behaviors. Be sure to also visit the Basic Training sites listed above, many have problem behavior info as well.
How to deal with dogs that think they are in charge.
- Aggression Q & A
- Canine Aggression
- Nothing in Life is Free
- Taming the Dominant Dog
- Help! My Dog Has An Attitude
- Does Your Little Dog Bite?
Is all the noise driving you crazy? Here's some help.
- Barking Dogs
- Barking Mad
- Excessive Barking
- Noise and Barking
- Declawing and Debarking: What are the Alternatives?
Stool eating is a common dog behavior, but one most owners are not thrilled about. Here are some ideas for dealing with it.
Other Problem Behaviors
More articles on specific problems.
- Afraid of Thunder?
- Stop Your Dog From Jumping Up
- Loud Noises
- Submissive Urination
- Shy Dogs FAQ
- Scared of the Vet/Groomer